UM: Unified Modeling Language
- Standardized general-purpose modeling language for software development
- Describe the structure of objects and the relationships in the system.
MOST IMPORTANT OUT OF ALL THREE MODELS
- Describes the dynamic aspects of objects and control in the system
- Describes how objects cooperate in a system
UML is Language Independent is you can do diagrams representing any sort of programming language (C++, Java, Python, etc)
- Provide a graphic notation for modeling classes and their relationships